Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Cast On

I have been thinking about starting a blog for some time. In retrospect, I don't know what kept me from doing it for so long. I suppose for a while I was hung up on needing a name, no, not just a name. The perfect name. Each time that I thought I had it, I would log on to blogger and find that, alas, it was already taken. Back to square one. Then, I thought I had settled on a name, even going so far as to register it on another blog hosting site. As I continued to mull it over, I realized that I hadn't settled on a name, I had settled for it. Back to the drawing board again.


My husband has been an active blog writer for over a year now. He writes about his passion, video games, under the persona "The Married Gamer" (you can check his blog out at http://themarriedgamersblog.blogspot.com). I thought about how I often talk about my hobby, knitting, in terms of his, and vice versa. When I compare spending $50 on yarn to his spending the same amount on a new game, he understands.

So, back to the quest for the perfect blog name. As I thought for the umpteenth time about aligning my blog with my hobby, my thoughts wandered once again to my husband's. And then it hit me: if his online presence is as The Married Gamer, wouldn't it make sense for me to assume the role of The Married Knitter? I raced to my computer, fingers crossed that this time, the perfect name would be available.

This time, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment