Friday, November 4, 2011

FO Friday: Sugarbunny Cowl

It's finally Friday! Hooray! This week, it felt as though Friday would never come. I'm pleased to have a finished object to show off this week, even though I actually finished it last week in hopes of posting it then. Oops!
This week's FO is a cowl that I made out of Knit Picks' new yarn: Sugarbunny. When I initially received the yarn, I was a bit underwhelmed. It didn't feel as soft as I had expected from the combination of 80% merino and 20% angora, and the color seemed significantly darker than it had appeared on the website. I cannot fault Knit Picks for either of these, as expectations are subjective and computer monitor colors vary greatly. I cast on without delay, as this yarn is a limited release, and I wanted to see how much I liked it just in case I wanted to order more before it sold out. Upon casting on, I was quickly pleasantly surprised at the softness and loftiness that the yarn had. It has a very nice hand and is a lot softer knit up than it initially felt in the ball. I used a free pattern from the Lion Brand website and had the whole project completed in less than a week. This cowl is unique in that I'm not sure with whom it is going to "live" now that it is finished. With the holidays quickly approaching, however, I am sure that it will find a loving home.

As always, forgive the poorly-lit photos. One thing I really miss about our old apartment is the abundant natural light.
Why yes, I do model. Knitwear.
Cowl made from KnitPicks Sugarbunny Yarn in Hawk

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I'm sure you will find a good home for the cowl :)

    ReplyDelete