Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Tour de Fleece Tuesday!

I'm getting back in the swing of things today after a wonderful (and very busy) holiday weekend. TMG and I drove to Pennsylvania to visit with my family for a few days and had a great time. Highlights included mini golf, numerous games of Solitaire Frenzy and The Game of Things, a cookout in the woods, and lots of good food! Believe it or not, I did not do any knitting the whole time we were there! I did, however, deliver Cecil, who was a HUGE hit. Here's a picture of him in his new happy home:
While we were away enjoying all of the fun and festivities, July 1st marked the beginning of the annual Tour de Fleece spinning event. For those of you who are unfamiliar with it, the Tour de Fleece runs each year concurrently with the Tour de France bike race. Wheel and spindle spinners alike participate in this event for fun and prizes, and post photos of their daily progress. Many spinners participate in different "teams" to enhance the fun! I must admit that I am far behind the peloton this year, as I have not yet made it to the starting line, but being able to go at one's own pace and set one's own goals is part of the fun. Here is what I will be working on first:



The photos just don't do justice to this beautiful Miss Babs BFL! I am going to spin it as a 3-ply and, as visible in the second photo, I already have one bobbin finished. I don't remember offhand what the colorway is, but I purchased it at Stitches East last year. I hope to finish spinning and plying this sometime this week, and then start on something else!

No comments:

Post a Comment