Friday, July 22, 2011

FO Friday... Back to the Blog!

I'm baaaaa-aaaack!
Sorry for the week+ of radio silence here on the blog. A lot has been happening in the work and personal realm. I'll write a few sentences about that at the end so that those of you who are here for the knitting can get right at the good part!

Today's FO Friday is a bit of a cheat... I actually had it finished in time for last week's FO Friday, but then the aforementioned "life happens" bit... happened. So, for your perusing pleasure, behold my Malabrigo Mitts!
These mitts are made from a partial skein of Malabrigo Worsted in Shocking Pink that I had left over from my Brattleboro Hat. The pattern is 75-yard Malabrigo Fingerless Mitts and is available for free. Mine only took about 64 yards, but who's counting? If only it weren't nearly 100 degrees this week, I am just dying to wear them!

Now on to other news. TMG and I are going through some major life changes (all good, just stressful). I recently accepted a new job and am working on the transition out of my current job, as well as trying to find a new apartment in PA where the new job is. Meanwhile, TMG has to try to find a new job as well, and is crunching all of the numbers to figure out how we will stay afloat financially in the meantime! The move is very exciting, especially because it will take me closer to my family and friends, but is always stressful, particularly because I start there in less than 3 weeks and we don't have an apartment yet! So, for those of you who are inclined to say prayers, cross fingers, send good thoughts, or whatever, they would all be much appreciated!

3 comments:

  1. Wishing you all the best with moving and the gloves are so bright and fun. Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mitts and all the best for the new job and move! Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete