Friday, July 1, 2011

FO Friday

Happy Friday everyone!
It has been a crazy week and I didn't manage to finish any projects this week. So, for this week's FO Friday feature, we're venturing into the recently-finished project vault!




Make sure to duck your head; the ceiling is a bit low!

 This week's featured FO from the vault is my handspun Citron Shawl. I spun the yarn, a laceweight single, from some roving that I bought on eBay from Frene Creek Farm last spring. This yarn was begging to be a Citron from the moment I started spinning it. I added an extra section and extended the ruffle in order to use up more of the yarn. I think it's such a shame to waste handspun. In the photo, it is unblocked, and remains so. If anyone has any good tips on how to block a Citron, please let me know!

3 comments:

  1. All I did with my last Citron was run blocking wires through the garter edge and stretch them. See: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/DomesticKnitterDs/citron-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very nice shawl. I have the pattern queued, just looking for the right wool to go with it.

    ReplyDelete