Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Steals

TMG and I spent this morning looking for treasures at The Elephant's Trunk in New Milford CT. While we were there, we saw a camera crew filming a TV show called "I Brake for Yard Sales," but we didn't find anything to buy. Just next door was the Maplewood Indoor Flea Market, where we didn't do much better, but I found a copy of the Reader's Digest Family Songbook (truly a steal since it is now out of print) and a few trade paperbacks, as well as a music textbook to resell for profit (kaching!).
On the way home, we saw signs for a used book sale, and I pestered TMG to go. Luckily, he obliged, and we found a few treasures (vintage knitting patterns for me, vintage video games for him). On the way home from there, we saw signs for another used book sale, but I knew better than to press my luck at this point, so we went home and I went back to that one on my own. Here's a photo of the day's knitting-related haul:
I am most excited about the booklets in the top row on the far left and far right. I think I paid $1 for one of them and 50¢ for the other. They both have great classic patterns and are worth far more than I paid. Some of the vintage patterns in the bottom row are more useful for laughs than for making garments, but I didn't pay more than $1 apiece, and one never knows when these things will come back into style!

No comments:

Post a Comment