Monday, March 5, 2012

MOM Monday

This weekend, I finally got started on the first piece of the Nativity set that I'm making for my mom from the book Knitivity by Fiona Goble. My mom gave me this book as a gift this past Christmas, and I decided to try to make her one piece per month so that she will have a complete (or nearly-complete) set in time for Christmas 2012.
The book offers two options for making the dolls, the "traditional doll," which has separate legs but cannot stand on its own, and the "standing doll" which is cone-shaped and stands independently. I decided to start with Mary, and I'm making her in the "traditional doll" style, as she will likely be seated in the scene, and this way, she can also sit on the donkey.

Here's a picture of my progress on Mary so far:


The construction is very interesting, but easy enough so far. I don't want to divulge the designer's secrets, so I will leave it at that! Stay tuned next week to see what progress I make on Mary between now and then.

No comments:

Post a Comment